Published on October 28th, 2013 | by Craig Homeyard0
Call of Duty: Ghosts maps and game modes revealed
The multiplayer maps and game modes for Infinity Wards upcoming shooter have been revealed. In total there are fifteen maps that will ship with the Call of Duty: Ghosts when it launches this November on the Xbox One, PS4, PS3, PC and Xbox 360. The maps cover a wide range of locations of which these include a train, prison and an abandoned fuel depot. Check out the full list below.
- Free Fall (Bonus Map)
- Prison Break
As well as the maps the game modes were revealed at the same time as well. Now, its worth noting that the big team modes wont be available to those that are playing the game on the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game, due to those versions of the game only featuring a maximum of 12 players. Here is a list of the game modes and what they entail.
- Blitz – You all need to make it to a portal on the enemies side of the map, this briefly featured in the multiplayer reveal trailer of the game at the end.
- Cranked – Kill enemies before the timer ends. Each kill restarts the timer.
- Domination – Capture and hold the flags. Every two seconds a flag is held, the team gets a point. First team to 200 points wins. A classic Call of Duty game mode.
- Free-for-All – Does what it says on the tin, if it moves kill it.
- Grind – Recover dog tags and take them to the objective marker in order to score for your team. Sounds like a combination of Capture The Flag and Kill Confirmed.
- Hunted – Available in both team and free-for-all. Resources are limited. Fight for control of weapon drops to gain superiority.
- Infected – Eliminated players become Infected. Last player to survive when the timer ends wins. Seems quite similar to Halo’s version of the game mode.
- Kill Confirmed – Recover dog tags to gain points for your team. First team to 100 points wins. Another classic game mode that has returned for Call of Duty: Ghosts
- Search and Destroy – Teams take turns defending or trying to destroy the objective. Every player has one life only. Another game mode that is part of the classic Call of Duty formula.
- Search and Rescue – Teams take turns defending or trying to destroy the objective. Recover dog tags to allow or deny respawns.
- Team Deathmatch – Kill players on the enemy team. First team to reach the score limit wins. There simply wouldn’t be Call of Duty without this legendary game mode.
Even if you’re skeptical of Call of Duty, you can’t deny that you’re getting a lot of bang for your back in terms of multiplayer here. What game mode and map do you like the sound of the most? Let us know in the comments section below.